Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 9 and Melting my Heart!


See how much more cheerful my daughter is around her oldest brother! (He's probably just made a sardonic remark about me; whatever!) Actually, we're all rather blissed out, getting to see Scott, whom we haven't seen in a year and a half. He's 24, stationed in Japan in the Navy. This means that I never once directly saw my son during his entire 23 rd year! So note to all moms: no matter what, take lots of pictures, and even better, take lots of time with your little whippersnappers (is that a real word?) We're also thinking there will be approximately 7 hours when all 5 of us are together! My batteries will be charged and my shutter-finger poised for action! In the top photo ( Auto mode; ISO 400; flash; 18-135 lens at 31 mm; f /4.2) I edited a different restaurant background in, because the actual one was too ugly.

The second photo (which really did have this background!) was also shot in auto mode, ISO 400, exposure 1/60; using a 35mm f2.0 lens at f2.8.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!
Cari

jordan.krogman said...

I'm so happy for you that you are getting to spend some time with your son. Enjoy every minute of him! :)

Michelle said...

i'm so glad you are getting to spend time with him. and its a nice reminder to us moms of teens that they do grow up and move out! gotta love 'em while they're home.

Mom2Drew said...

Sweet, I'm so glad you get to spend time with him...cherish each moment.

Sharon said...

OK, I'll stop wishing for mine to grow up and move out tomorrow. ;) Very nice photos.

Liz said...

So glad you are getting to have your whole family together for a bit and to see your son!
I think in the day to day we tend to take our moments with our kiddos for granted, thanks for reminding me these moments are fleeting.

Val said...

Aw glad you got to see your boy! I don't want mine to grow up!

Ashley Hiskes said...

How sweet that you are with your son! I can't imagine not seeing him that long. You are a strong Mom!!!

Becky said...

He is handsome. So glad you got to spend time with him. It must be so hard to be separated for so long.

Tomboymama said...

I bet you all are having a great time. Such great captures and awesome editing job! Will look forward to seeing more. Good thing the battery on this camera lasts almost forever!

pakosta said...

cute shots and he's so cUTE!
tara
have FUN with hIM!
enjOY!

April Michelle said...

that's a sweet tale, my brother was in the navy for 7 yrs it was rough but we are all back together now.

Anonymous said...

She really looks like shes enjoying her time with her brother. Glad hes home for a visit.

Kari said...

All of your photos are gorgeous!! I'm thrilled to hear that you have a little more time with your son who you must be SO proud of :) A beautiful family ... and a fantastic job on your photo a day!

Unknown said...

awww glad you had a great time with him! HUGS to you!

Farrah Jobling said...

Great job! You can see the sibling love there!

Donna S. said...

thanks for sharing this - glad you get some time with your son!!