Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 8: Mom? Are you the Paparazzi now?

This "smile" was clearly a warning statement to me, followed by "Mom, are you the paparazzi now?" I know I'm asking a lot of my family right now, but I am asking them to let me get photos of them now. Too much time has gone by where I really did relent to their total reluctance to be photographed; now I'm slowly getting better with my photography skills, and they're actually happy with some of the results. This one was shot in Auto mode (not much skill there!), ISO 400, flash, 18 mm on my 18-135 lens; 1/60 exposure time.

Here's the a black and white conversion, with brown overtones added, to the photo of my son (wearing the headphones.) If you have a preference between the two photos, let me know! And thank you, thank you, thank you! to all those who've given me some feedback!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

i like the eye contact of the first one. makes you feel like she is more involved in the photo. but i really like the conversion on the second.

Kristi said...

Beautiful girl! As a teenager, there was NO way anyone was getting a picture of me! She's a great sport!!

Tera Fraley said...

LOL!! How funny. Such a beautiful girl!! I like the black and white also.

Anonymous said...

I really like the first photo..I think that is what my kids think of me!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Repeat after me...auto is NOT a bad word:) It's good to capture everyday moments like this, you should be comended.

Val said...

Love the expression on your DD.

Unknown said...

FUN! I like the first one..even if she was irked LOL!!!!

Margaret said...

I like the conversion in the second one. The brown tones look nice. Love that look your daughter is giving you.:)

Becky said...

She looks good! I think I like the b/w of your son better than the color.

Tomboymama said...

I really like that first one, spontaneous and sweet. My teens hate me when I have the camera out too, sigh.

Anonymous said...

I like the one of your daughter just because of the look she is giving you.

Farrah Jobling said...

Great job! What a beautiful girl you have!

Ljsmom33 said...

Too funny about the Paparazzi! I too like the black and white!

Heather said...

Tell your daughter that since you gave birth to her, you have every right to have her in every single photo you take for the rest of your life! :)

Both your children are good looking and good sports.

Keep up the great work!